Sunday, October 2, 2011

my progress

i managed to discuss with the psm coordinator and also visited the faculty resource room to have clearer perspectives on psm. both persons-in-charge are very helpful in providing information and very cooperative at this initial stage. i seriously hope that they will permit my further 'nosy business' in the near future to their job. i've also prepared a summary of my findings to both my SVs, but i still havent got their reply till today. so, i have to proceed with what i have in mind now, and i hope i'm on the right track. my SVs said, it's my research after all and i have to live with it for the next 3 years.
at this stage, i must read a lot and i'd say it is a daunting job to do. really it is. i salute those who could produce 20 pages of references in their thesis or research articles as such how do they find time to read. is there any tip for speed reading? do they skim and scan?

on the other side of my field journey, i also have to attend dynamics of leadership class. it's a 3 credits course, but good news, there is no final exam for this course. it's beyond my imagination if i were to sit for an exam, i haven't done that for such a long long time... last Friday was the 2nd week of this course. i met new faces, majority of them are very young, some just graduated from their degree the previous weekend. they were curious about me (as i'm the eldest in the class). they asked questions about my age, my marital status, my children, my study, my job, which made me feel awkward. ok, i must not think them as my students, but they are my classmates, that's the fact!. another interesting part is that, the professor teaching this class is my mom's schoolmate!

ok, come back to my progress. at this point, i have read about 12 articles, in which i have summarized them all in a table containing authors' names, what the research is about, methodology, participants, and significant findings. but, i don't know how to do conceptual framework. where could i find conceptual framework? is it from reading the articles? is it from theories of teaching & learning, or from research methodology perspectives? i don't know. i have yet to find out.

as for today, i did not do any serious reading. i just browsed and searched for more information about the topic i'm investigating. but my husband always says this: 'kalau buku banyak atas meja & journals belambak dlm pendrive, tp tak baca, pun tak guna juga. biarlah tak banyak, tapi baca dan fahamkan betul2 apa yang ditulis, dan sangat2 berguna utk kajian kita'. ok, he is right!.

No comments:

Post a Comment